From:
Karl Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 1994 04:57:00 -0500
To Tim and Carman,
        Welcome to the FML. I suggest getting rid of the wood shavings
IMEDIATELY! They cause resperatory problems in ferrets. I use newspaper in the
removeable tray and it works fine. As for litter, if regular cat ltter isn't
working well then you might look for the type made out of recycled newspaper.
The pellets are a lot larger and it also doesn't migrate out of the litter pan
as easily. It's more expensive but you don't need to change it as often either.
Enjoy your new ferret.