From:
mike janke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 1994 16:53:43 -0400
Rochelle:

Max (2 year old male) went through something exactly like that
a month or two after we adopted him.  At times, his stool was
almost 100% mucus with just a few flecks of "normal" stool mixed
in.

We drove our vet nuts with "try something ELSE THEN!" every few
days.  We had a barium scan done to insure there were no foreign
bodies blocking the digestive tract, blood tests, you name it.

The bottom line is he never really found anything and it just
cleared up on its own.   This was last year so I don't recall
exactly how long that took, but it seems to me it was at least
a month.  His diet always consisted of IAMS before, during
and after and he has not had a reoccurence of the weird stool.

 mike