From:
Michelle Kurtz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 1994 12:48:22 -0400
        Hi all! I don't usually write on the FML that often, but I do
read every issue. For those of you who don't remember me: My name is
Michelle and I have two sables. One is a whole male named Kobe, who I
bought from a local breeder. Kobe is definately a teddy bear come alive!
The second one is a spayed female named Kina who was given to me from a
friend of a friend of a friend of a friend. She was be abused and bit me
quite often at first. Luckily, she is now starting to come around.

        My comment is about Rocko, the soap suds eating ferret. Denise
said that Rocko makes a 'kih' hissing sound instead of a 'dook,dook'
sound. One thing I noticed in my ferrets that may or may not be unusual
is that they used to "dook,dook" and now they 'kih, kih' when they play
fight. I just wanted to say that so that Denise knew that they were
definately two different sounds. To be honest, it's been a couple of
months since I last heard a dook. Any ideas why they might change over?

See I save all of my questions up for when I write the FML:

1. How old should the ferret be when you give them the rabies vacination?
        Kobe just turned 6 months and two days old -- is he ready yet?
        (Don't worry he has all distemper shots!!)

2. Is there any way to tell the age of a ferret?
        I have no idea how old Kina is.

Ferret story:
        Yesterday, I went grocery shopping and got a big twelve pack of
toilet paper. I threw it up in my room while I was putting my groceries
away, and when I came back up stairs I saw the ferrets playing with it.
Kina and Kobe have their "hiding places" on opposite sides of the room
and they were both pulling on the package in different directions.
Finally Kina jumped on top of it to see why it was not moving and Kobe
gave her a ride, pulling her all over the room. It was so funny! :)

Well, that's all. Thanks for reading the FML!

Michelle, Kina, and Kobe
(Kobe has a long e at the end)