From:
Cindy Sooy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 1994 03:00:00 -0500
I have a question for Drs. Brown or Williams. My 10 month old hob
has a swollen right testicle. He's been off his feed for the last
few days and lethargic. He has a fever of 105+. My vet put him on
Clavamox because she says that is a good all around antibiotic. She
is concerned that he may have a testicular torsion (twisted
testicle), epididymitis or orchitis. The testicle is inflamed and
tender to the touch. Do either of you have any suggestions as to
what the cause may be and is there a specific antibiotic that would
be better in this situation? I would appreciate any input. We are
trying to avoid surgery if possible, but that will probably be our
next step if the antibiotics don't help quickly. Thanks in advance.

Cindy