From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 1994 01:46:00 -0500
Bitning babies:
When I got my fuzzy, he was a baby and nibbled on us a little too hard...  We
tapped him when he bit, and if he wouldn't let go or wouldn't stop biting, we'd
spank him on the flank.  And when that failed, he was exiled to him cage for at
least ten mins. (gosh- excuse all the typos in here! :>)  He now wouldn't bite
for any reason, unless we're wrestling around- and then he keeps it soft.  Just
don't let her intimidate you with a nip-threat, even if she _does_ bite really
hard, you _will_ heal and be allright. Don't be scared, and she will learn!!  :>
allergies:
I have found many allergy products but mainly for dogs and cats, never seen 'em
for ferrets....  Do ferrets get allergies?

Information:
it seems that the lack of knowledge about ferrets and the bad press is
ultimatley hurting ferrets and their people.  Why don't we try to compile info.
and try to get the Major Ferret groups of each state to endorse a pamphlet that
should be distributed to pet stores and vet offices...  The statistics and the
'ferrets are companion animals, friendly and sweet' stories could be put
together to re-introduce' the ferret to the general public.  What do you think?
If people are interested in this, please post and I will e-mail you...  I think
that this would be a good way to get rid of the bad myths about ferrets that
are circulating!  (I had a lady ask me why I would own such a vicious pet-
where do people get thye idea that ferrets are vicious?!?)
:>
(sorry this got so long!)