From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 1994 14:23:53 -0500
> From: John Rosloot <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Fri, 25 Mar 1994 18:11:46 -0500
> Subject: more questions
>
> (1) How do I switch my older ferret to maintenance cat food and leave my
>     younger one on kitten food when they eat from the same dish? Or should

        Good luck.  If you get any good suggestions please post them.  I
will be having the same problem in a year or two.

> (2) How important is ear cleaning? How often should it be done? How should
>     I go about doing it? I consulted the FAQ, but would like more detail
>     (no offense, Pamela).

        No idea.  I clean my ferrets ears when they start looking bad. I'm
using that Sweet oil that some recommended.  Sorry don't remember who.
I'm also thinking to changing to that ear cleaning kit listed a few posts
back.

>     Now for some new questions! :) I was wondering if anyone has experience
> taking their ferrets across the Canada/US border. Since I got Bud almost 2

        Sorry can't help you here.  I only take them threw the US and MASS.
Oh ya MASS is part of the USA. No insult intended to you all in MA.  I just
like to put my old home state down every now and then.  You all now how it
is.  It's a beautiful state to visit but to expensive to live there. :)
Pluss 17 feet of snow I HATE to shovel snow ever since 78.

> Subject: Scooter's still vomiting . . .
> I consulted with a vet on the phone, and we're going in tomorrow to have a
> look-see.  I might have waited until Monday, but since he's my first
> ferret and so young, I decided not to take any chances.
>
> Wish us luck,
> Chris and Scooter

        Best wishes to you and Scooter,

        Brad, Sebastian, and Mako