From:
Chris VonSeggern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 1994 22:06:30 -0500
I awoke from a light doze this afternoon to hear some weird, high-pitched
"chuck"ing noises coming from Scooter's cage.  When I made it over there,
he was wobbling around next to a small amount of light-brown material that
I can only assume was ferret vomit, and biting everything in sight
(probably trying to get the taste out of his mouth).  He seems to be fine
otherwise--very energetic, eating properly, no change in his stools.

I immediately called the breeder I bought him from, who said it was
nothing to worry about, especially in a kit his age, as long as it doesn't
continue.  He's going to the vet for his first distemper shot and a
worming Monday, so I'll ask about it then, but if he vomits again I'll
have to take immediate action.  Any comments?

Chris and Scooter