From:
Dan Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 1994 10:02:20 -0500
My son and I have two ferrets that we love dearly, but since they came into
our lives a year ago we have had a running battle over the litter box thing.
The ferrets won! We finally put down a large sheet of heavy plastic under the
bed and covered it with newspapers. When the droppings dry we just suck them
up with a vacuum (beats moving the bed and running the carpet extractor). As
for the other corners, we provided an ample supply of old blankets (choice
bedding spots make poor bathrooms). This compromise seems to make everyone
happy. The carpet is no longer being damaged and the ferrets are almost never
confined to their cage anymore. They are much sweeter since they have been out
all the time.

My son, being an 8-year old, finds the poo-in-the-corner thing to be very
funny. He keeps talking about making a ferret video game in which the object
is to escape from your cage, tip over trash cans, and poo in as many corners
as you can before you get caught. Solving the litter problem is not a funny
issue, but we find that we can now laugh about it. I hope no one finds our
jokes offensive:

Question:    How do you drive a ferret crazy?
Answer:      When it starts to go potty put it in a round cage (no corners).

Question:    What do you call a ferret in a round cage?
Answer:      The spin cycle.

Question:    What do you call it when two ferrets finish doing their thing
             then run to see who is at the door?
Answer:      A drag race (the drag the butt thing).

Question:    What do you call a clean corner in the house of a ferret owner?
Answer:      An accident.

Dan Clark ([log in to unmask])