From:
Brian Millham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 1994 15:41:00 PDT
A few comments, first about the FML.  Chris, you've done a great job with
it, and I'll be sorry to see you go.  I hope that you will continue to read
it, and to contribute occasionally.

>From: [log in to unmask] (Chris Lewis)
>Subject: FML
>Date: Sat Aug 20 00:14:23 EDT 1994

>It seems to me that the FML should divorce itself from the lousy
>manual-intensive junk I run, and go "properly" onto the listserv.
>Once that happens, then the list owner's job is not much more
>than examining bounces and determining when to cut off a broken
>mail address.  Once this state is reached, then "owning" the list
>is a simple job and you don't need to figure out how my software
>works.

Part of what makes the FML what it is is that it isn't run in the normal
listsrv fashion.  I like having a moderator to filter out the garbage for
us.  Does listsrv have a way to do this?  One advantage that I can see for
using listsrv is that as soon as a message is received, it can be sent to
everyone who does not get the list in digest mode.  I guess that there is
good and bad about both ways.

>From: [log in to unmask] (Genevieve Crabe)
>Date: Fri, 19 Aug 1994 13:17:29 -0400
>Subject: Re: Ferret Ball
>Submitted-Date: Fri Aug 19 15:28:02 EDT 1994

>To Dave, re: Ferret Ball

>We have a large ball that our kids just love. You can get them from

I made a nice ferret ball, and all I had to do was drink 5.5 gallons of
Coors.  A Coors party ball, cleaned out with the top cut off makes a great
ferret ball.  The only problem is that it isn't clear.  My ferrets enjoy
playing in theirs.

Brian Millham