Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 19 Jun 1994 22:26:56 -0400
Greetings fellow FML'ers ...

I have a question concerning my ferret, Riesling.  We
got her about 4 months ago, when she was 6 weeks old,
and we got another ferret, Merlot, about 1 month ago, who is also 3
months old.  The two of them have gotten along seemingly okay - they play
rough, but they sleep together, and
seem to be ok. But over the last week or so, strange things have been
happening with Riesling. She has gotten a bit paunchy and has started to
change colors. When we bought her she was all light grey, but
is now transofrming into mostly white body and black legs and feet.
Combined with this weight and color change, she has gotten rather
lethargic, and not being nearly as energetic as in the past,
often lying down flat in the middle of the floor, which she used
to only do after a long exhausting play session.

She has been eating and going to the bathroom, as has Merlot.
It has been rather hot and humid here for the past week or so,
so I thought that might be a contributing factor, but Merlot has
not shown any changes in behavior and has been her normal ferrety
self throughout.  It just seems like Riesling is almost "depressed."

I guess basically what I am looking for is if anyone has any
similar experience or ideas on what might be up..is Riesling just
in a downer cycle? Is the color transformation a very draining process?
Why has she gotten fat(ter)?

Thanks for any help - I apologize ahead of time if I did not
provide enough information, and would be happy to provide any more
if need be.

Sincerely-
Aaron