Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The Ferret Mailing List (FML)" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Fisher L <Fisher_L.ChemI&[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 1994 11:16:52 -0500
Hi guys!

Kate Pappas asks in a recent FML what the weirdest things stolen by ferrets
are.  Well......'bout a year ago I got my braces off.  Not too long thereafter
my retainer went missing.  After falsely accusing the dog of said crime, I
discovered the item in Alky's treasure trove between the bed and the
nightstand.  Fortunately it was unharmed, so after some disinfectant, it was
useable.  Good thing too because let me tell you, there is nothing more
embarassing than as an adult orthodontics patient, having to go tell the
orthodontist you lost your retainer.  Now I keep it locked away in a
ferret-proof cabinet.

Alky also once stole a package of grape Bubble Yum.  This is probably not
surprising since she is attracted to any sweet smell.  I was initially alarmed
because I wasn't sure the gum and/or its wrapper would go through her GI tract,
but after close watching of the litter box, it became apparent that she was
fine.  However, I was for several days the owner of the world's only purple
ferret.  She hadn't been able to fit a whole piece of gum in her mouth at once
and so dribbled down her cheeks and whiskers.  As she rolled around playing
with the wad of gum, the color had stained most of her face, shoulders,
stomach, and tail (she likes to wipe her face with her tail).  Baby shampoo is
just not made for removing purple food color.

That's all for our interesting thefts.  Anyone else?

Liesl in Princeton  (GO TIGERS!!)