From:
Debra Thomason <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 10 Sep 1994 20:46:00 -0400
Anon in Dallas--
     Sorry to be slow getting back to you.  My FML goes to an address
whose host is so busy that it is sometimes days between my trips to
gather mail!
     You asked if there is a legalization/awareness effort in D/FW
that you could join.  There certainly is!  Contact Karen Grant,
President of the Ferret Lovers Club of Texas at (817)-577-3949 or
P.O. Box 286, Bedford, TX, 76095 to find out what the club is doing.
Or contact our legal officer (Terry Kniep) at (214)-216-1424.  There
is supposed to be a city council vote on adopting laws that
specifically permit ferrets in Plano today (9/10) I think.  That was
the date I was given, but it seems a little strange, somehow.  We
have high hopes for this one.  Another project that Terry is working
on includes surveys of all the local Public Health offices in D/FW
and municipal level laws/animal control.
     Also, for you and any others who can attend, FLC is having a
Ferret Information Fair at the Ramada Inn at 700 Lamar in Arlington on
Saturday, September 24, from 1:00-6:00 PM.  There will be speakers,
demos, prize raffles, ferret trivia contest, best decorated cage
contest, best dressed ferret contest, info and t-shirts from the club,
and vendor tables.  Admission is $3 for adults, $1 for children,
with all children's admissions donated to the local ferret shelter.
Ferrets with current distemper vaccinations are welcome.  One ferret
is admitted with each adult admission, and additional ferret are
admitted at $3 each.  For more information, call (817)-577-3949.  You
are most welcome to attend and hopefully join our club.  Membership
in the club is currently $20 annually.  As an added bonus, you can
meet me at the door! :)

            Debra in Ft.Worth
                     (817)-236-4350