From:
Urban Fredriksson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 29 Jun 1994 12:10:58 +0200
Troy Lynn <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>July 4th -
>Please be careful with your pets this weekend.  If you have friends
>and family over you may want to safely tuck your pets away in a
>locked room so they don't accidently slip out the door or be exposed
>to the noisy fireworks.

Not all ferrets are bothered by noise. This is what happened at
the breeder where I got Rustan and Carmen:

This winter the military was having a combined arms exercise over
much of the southern part of Sweden. At the village where the
breeders live, the artillery were going to do a little live
firing, against an islet in the archipelago outside Stockholm.
They spent much of the day driving around and regrouping and then
set up their howitzers in meadows and fields around the area, on
both sides of the house. The major present said that *those* are
going to fire, but *not* the other ones, so they gathered all
ferrets in the room farthest from where they were goin to fire.
Unfortunately the major had gotten something mixed up and the
first salvo blew out all windows in the room with all the
ferrets. The second salvo was noisy too.

The ferrets weren't much bothered, but would of course have
escaped if they'd been home alone. Their fur, and most of the
house was full of glass splinters, but there was no damage to any
of them.

- - -
"Jacqueline Steenhuis" <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>A big pain especially if your apartment complex does not allow pets, [...]

It's nice living in Sweden, where landlords aren't allowed to
have unreasonable terms like this.

- - -
What's not so nice about Sweden, is the constant daylight this
time of year. With sunrise at 0330 and sunset at 2200 it's not
dark even in the middle of the night, so no wonder my ferrets
don't know when they're supposed to be awake or asleep. I had
forgotten young ones like to jump in my bed at 0400...
--
 Urban Fredriksson  [log in to unmask]