From:
Troy Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 5 Jun 1994 12:47:00 -0400
Hi Everyone!
The most wonderfullest (is this a word?) thing is waking up with my little
fuzzies walking all over me!  Although I do get up to medicate Whitney at
7 am - I go back to bed (when on vacation) for an hour or two to get more
beauty (?) sleep and usually the ferrets are up playing and having a ball.
Zipper has been waking me up about 8 am by licking or cleaning or kissing
(who knows what she's thinking) from top to bottom amongst my many squirms.
She normally doesn't do this because I'm up before her (she's a sleepy head)
but when on vacation - I let her lick to her hearts content - and then she
settles down beside me for her 2-minute nap!  aaah.

I also received wonderful news while on vacation.  Ferry came to me in Aug
91 because her owners were living in Hawaii and ferrets are illegal there.
They were suppose to be back the following spring to pick her up.  Ferry is
still with me and her owners are now stationed back in the U.S. and they
will allow me to keep Ferry as my own - after almost 3 years.  Ferry
is very special as they all are, but she is very sweet and stresses
extremely easily.  I'm soooo happy she's staying!

My condolences to those who have lost their loved ones.  I do know how much
this hurts.  The comfort of friends and other fuzzies, and time are the only
ways to heal.  We never forget them - we'll always love them.

To L. Detweiler - I had a small hall door made that stands 30" tall and is
a piece of plexi-glass framed by wood - hinged on one side and a slide lock
on the other.  The door was originally made to keep the dogs out of the
front area and the ferrets out of the back while I am away.  Now the ferrets
have full run of our home but the door still comes in handy when repair peple
come or I'm doing something I don't want dogs or ferrets to get in to.  It
also looks very nice!

A word of caution to all - if you have problems with mice (I live in the
country surrounded by pastures) don't use poisons!  The mice may drop a
piece and your pet may eat it.  Also they might eat a poisoned (what - eat
a mouse - ummm) mouse and in turn be poisoned.  If you use the humane mouse
traps - your pets will be safe.  If you use snap traps - keep them out of
your ferrets reach!  As for glue traps - don't!  The mouse, no matter how
pesky - will suffer terribly.  I've never used poison but constantly worry
that a neighbor might and the mouse will enter our home only to be eaten
by either the dogs or ferrets.  Actually my dogs are much better mouse
catchers than the ferrets - the ferrets usually steal the occasional mouse
from the dogs!

Just wanted to catch up after my wonderful week off with the fuzzies!
Troy Lynn