From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 1994 04:31:35 -0400
Well, after almost a whole year of reading, asking, and learning about
ferrets, I went out and bought one.  My friends warned me that after
being on such a ferret kick for a year, that the real thing probably
wouldn't live up to my expectations.  Hah!  All the books written by
ferret lovers, praising ferrets, could never prepare me for how
incredibly cool Nietzsche is.  He's the cutest, most playful pet I've
ever seen!  Anyway, here's my question:  Nietzsche is 9 weeks old.  How
old is that?  Is he a baby, toddler, kid, what?  When will he reach his
full weight?  Can I start training him now?  (Obviously I'm training him
not to bite [which he only does when he's REALLY excited, anyway] but how
about training him to stay on my shoulder?  Is he too young?)  What are
some things you can train ferrets to do?  Do they come when called?  Do
they know their names?  I guess my question turned into lots of
questions.  Thanks for any help!