From:
Norris Harber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 1994 17:22:03 -0500
To all in the DC area --

It could be that we are just terribly unobservant, but we just noticed
this weekend that the National Zoo does have a black-footed ferret in
the small mammals building.  The plaque said that he is too old to be
used for breeding or to be released back into the wild.  He looked
pretty healthy to us, at least awfully cute.  While we were standing
there he curled up in a ball and clamped his little paws over his eyes,
just like Gunther does.  I asked the volunteer about him, but she
didn't seem to know much, and then we got sidetracked talking about our
respective furo ferrets at home.  They do not have an adoption program,
though (so we were forced to adopt one of the stuffed black-footed
ferrets they had in the gift store).  I thought they were bigger than
that.  But at least now I can say I've seen one.

To all everywhere --

Does anyone else play the towel game?  I just realized that I've never
seen anything about it here.  It may not work for carpeted floors but
is great fun on wooden ones.  We grab each side of one end of a towel
and drag the other end on the floor.  Before you can bat an eye we'll
have 3 fuzzies each battling to push the other two off, being dragged
all over the room.  It started with just Gunther riding the towel while
laying contentedly on his back looking like he was certain that this is
how God intended ferrets to travel.  But when Ozzie joined the family
he decided that it should be a traveling wrestling match.  It always a
good way to pick up spirits whenever anyone gets that flat-on-the-floor
"There's nothing to do around this house" look.

Well, I'm more than a week behind on the FML so I'd better start reading.

Norris Susan, for Mark, Nico, Gunther, & Oswalt