From:
Katherine Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 1994 09:54:54 -0500
To Yael:

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.  It's very hard to lose a part of
your family, human or furry.  <uploading hugs> As for sources, you should
check the STAR*Ferret database, which is available from the Bitnet
Listserver.  I believe all you need to do is to send e-mail to:
[log in to unmask] with the single message line GET FERRET DATABASE.
 This may be incorrect -- I will check.  GET FERRET INDEX will get you the
list of FML back issues available, and I think includes the STAR database
and the FML FAQ.  (STAR*Ferrets is Shelters That Adopt & Rescue Ferrets, a
national organization.)  Also, I'm quite sure there is a ferret club in
the Seattle area, perhaps by the name of Ferrets Northwest?  I'm sorry,
this is all off the top of my head, I don't have my usual reference
materials at hand.

To michelle & the masketeers:

I was interested in the story about the experiments on delivery of IMRAB
rabies vaccine to raccoons, as my understanding was that an oral rabies
vaccine for wildlife was developed several years ago at the Wistar
Institute in Philadelphia, but that various state health officials had
been dragging their feet on approving it for use among the general
wildlife population.

Katie Fritz
Small Mammals Section Leader/CompuServe Pets Forum
Internet: [log in to unmask]  CIS: 71257,3153