Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The Ferret Mailing List (FML)" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Gail Reilly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 1994 18:02:07 -0500
Thanks to everyone who responded to my plea for help with my fuzzies and
their harnesses.  Everyone's advice seems to have worked very well.  I put
them on them a couple of times for a few minutes for a few days, and
yesterday we took our first brief foray in to the outdoors.  I thought I'd
let them out for a little while just to make the connection between the
harnesses and the trip outside.  It was pretty cold (25 degrees) so I didn't
want to keep them out for long, but it was suuny, and they did not seem to
mind much at all. We tried to bring them in when the fur on their tails
started to poof out in all directions.  It kind of looked like they had been
electrocuted or something.  They really didn't want ot come in.  Tigger, the
older one, kept diving into the snow and digging down into it, rubbing her
whole body into it.  It was adorable.  Roo, our little one, didn't seem to
care for the snow very much, (which is odd since she loves to climb up me
when the freezer is open and play in there until I make her come out) but she
really liked being outside.  All night last night they kept scratching at the
door, making little pathetic faces at us.  We went out again today, but has
to come in when the neighbor's cats came out.  No need to take chances.  One
question: How cold is too cold to take them out?  Do they know enough to
somehow let us know if they are too cold, or should we have some other
guidelines?
Thanks again,
Gail Sherman Reilly, Tigger and Roo