From:
Katrina D Ramsell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 1994 15:04:45 -0400
To: Chris and Scooter
First of all, I have seen my furry kids have gagging and heaving attacks
occasionally, but only rarely.  One used to have them frequently because she
enjoyed eating my throw rugs.  It is probably just a case of getting into
something they shouldn't have.

For litter training, I start mine out in the bedroom with litter boxes in 2
corners, food in 1 corner, and their bed in corner #4.  I have to keep the
litter boxes clean or they'll go on the floor.  Putting some of their poop
in the corner of each litter box really encourages them to go there.  I also
wrap a brick or book in newspaper and set one in front of each litter box to
serve as a step.  When you let them out of the bedroom, watch them closely.
If they start to back up in a corner, yell "NO", pick them up, turn them so
they are stomach side up, run to the bedroom, and throw them in the litter
box.  Don't let them leave the litter box until you are sure they have done
their thing.  Make sure you clean any spots very well when they have gone
somewhere other than the litter box.  This method can take a few weeks, but
it works for me.  Good Luck!

                      KR