From:
Pat Marquardt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 1994 09:11:19 -0400
To Jenny regarding the blue dots -

Apparently two blue dots are tattooed on the back of the ferret's
right ear by the controversial Marshall Farms.  I'm not that familiar
with the breeding facility, but I'm sure others can fill you in on
them.  My youngster, Bear, has these blue dots.  I got him from a
local pet store at about 4 months old.  Apparently, he'd been returned
by someone else, so the salesman said.  I guess he was a little too
frisky for them, but not for us.  My daughter and I really love him.
He's a good companion for Mugsy, now 6, who likes to play for a while
and then find a place to curl up and sleep, usually under the quilt on
a bed.

Thanks, Chris, for the tip about the fitted sheet on the underside of the
boxspring.  That's a great idea - I'll try it.  As we don't let our
fuzzies have the run of the apartment when we're not there to supervise,
or when we go to bed, there's not too much chance that Bear would get
crushed in the boxspring.  He seems to like the soft fabric to sleep on,
so when we go to look for him, we just look for a lump hanging from the
underside of the boxspring.  Sounds weird, I know, but that's the way
we are around here.  And the fuzzies fit in perfectly!

Bear doesn't like the normal treats like raisins, bananas, apple or
even peanut butter.  He likes dog biscuits.  Recipe brand makes small
biscuits in the shape of a T, so we call them "T's".  And he goes crazy
for, of all things, Femalt, a cat hair ball remedy.  I don't give him
much, as I don't know what it might to to him, but he sure loves the
taste, and I don't think a little would hurt.  Keeps him cleaned out!

Mugsy, on the other hand, likes Pounce cat treats, and peanut butter.
He won't take the raisins or other fruit either.  We try different
things all the time, but haven't found much they like.

Ciao for now,
Pat, Robyn (the kept), Mugsy, Bear & Jasper (20 lb feline) (the keepers)