From:
ethan cox <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 1994 11:07:33 -0500
Attention all Ferret Fanciers,

        Well, on Tuesday, a sad thing happened.  You see, for the past
two months or so, I have been babysitting a ferret for a friend who
coulden't figure out how to fly back to school with his ferret.
Actually, his name is Chris Carda, and he's on the FML too (Hi Chris!).
So Ceili (owns me) and Clover (owns Chris) had a really nice time
together for a while- they snuggled and played and got into trouble (lots
of trouble :) ) and ate (especially Clover, whom we re-christened Marge,
after Large Marge in Pee-Wee's Big Adventure) and generally enjoyed each
other's company.  Heres the rub, however.
         Since Clover left, Ceili has gone into a bit of a slump.  I
think she misses her friend, and I don't really know exactally what to
do about it.  She is pretty normally active when she is awake, but the
thing is she sleeps much more than she had been.  Is this O.K?  I wish I
could entertain her, but I am in classes and at work all day.  When I'm
home in the evenings and at night, I play with her as much as she wants to
be played with, but I'm afraid the sad truth is that I can't possibly be as
good company as another ferret.
        I also would be foolish to buy a ferret friend for Ceili- it's
arguably irresponsable for me to even own one, living in a FFZ as I do.
        She still likes the dryer hose, though!

Ethan and Ceili (who says "I wonder what happened to that other slinky,
furry thing that I used to run around with?")