Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 1994 09:30:00 CDT
Hi All -
In reference to collars I use the safety nylon for the big males (Deno is
close to 4 pounds and so is Gizzie) when we go out but don't keep anything
on them at home.  Both Deno and Gizzie keep the collars on and even fuss
at me when I take them off - I think they'd be happy to wear them all the
time :-), but I know they'd stash them somewhere when they come off.  I
use H halters for the girls for our walks and it is difficult to find
them small enough for some.

Treats - I guess you could call their morning dry cereal (honey nut
cheerios) a treat.  Other than that they don't care for other human
food, except for my milk.  Every time I eat a bowl of cereal there's
at least one little furry head hogging the bowl!

Well after 3 free years, I've got them - fleas!  After taking the ferrets
and dogs for walks several times I noticed a couple.  We must have picked
up some hitchhikers along the way.  Anyway instead of spraying or
powdering the ferrets I spray a small amount on the counter and I
search through their fur.  Each time I find one I dip my finger in the
spray and put it directly on the flea.  Works great!  After I've gotten
all off I spray my hands and rub a little into the fur.  The ferrets
don't mind terribly, and some even enjoy the additional handling.

Hugs to all!  tle