From:
Chris Haas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 1994 12:45:12 -0400
Hi all,

The solution I found for carpet craters is as follows...

I went and got one of those plastic floormats that are made
for carpet.  I have some that I put under my computer desks
so that my chairs with rollers do not wreck the carpet.  They
are made of very hard plastic and have little (or big) spikes on
the underside so they don't slide around on the carpet.  You
can get them either already cut, or sometimes you can find roles
of the stuff where you just cut off the size you need.

I ended up getting one of these for my door because they liked
to scratch at the carpet.  Well, the plastic isn't so much fun
to scratch at, so they just walk around and don't seem to mind much.

I had to cut out little notches so that it would fit my doorway well.
This was a bit of a pain - heavy duty razor blade knive and a lot of
coazing of the plastic, but it works pretty well now.

Best of luck.

Chris.