From:
Pyrophage <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 1994 12:18:31 -0400
Hey folks,

I was wondering if ferrets use excrement as a territorial marker? Our pair
seem to dislike using a corner to go to the bathroom in if the other ferret
has already gone there. Is it a good idea to have two litter areas if one has
two ferrets?

Another question... this one more difficult... how do you know when it is time
to put a pet to sleep? One of ours is rather old, and is blind, has trouble
walking, lost some teeth and has pancreatic tumors. He sleeps most of the day.
He's very sweet and we are not anxious to part with him, but he doesn't do the
active things he used to and we don't know how to tell if he is in pain. Last
time we were at the vet, in August, we got prednisone medication for the tumors
and that seems to help. And my fiance put down some rugs on the kitchen floor
so Roddenberry has more traction. But he doesn't do much more than eat and
sleep. The other ferret seems morose, since her playmate doesn't play now, but
they are still very attached to each other and we'd like to keep him as long as
we can.

Any thoughts on either issue would be appreciated,

Thanks
Pyrophage