From:
Effie Marie Hines <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 1994 11:28:11 -0400
Hello Everyone!

        I just wanted to respond to a few articles.

TO BECKERS:

        If you're still having to give Escher a liquid diet, try the duck
soup without the dry cat food and add chicken babyfood.  It blends nicely
and if you microwave it a little, they seem to like it warmer.  To store
it, I always use an ice tray.  Also, there is a liquid diet that they
have for cats that comes in a can at the vet's, it is for recovering from
surgery.  You may want to check into that.  Good luck, we are all sending
our best wishes and include you and Escher in our prayers.

BANNING TOGETHER:

        I think the idea that Matt Ouimette has about banning together
and all ferret lovers calling these shows on the same day is an excellent
idea!!!  Strength will only come in numbers.  I am all for it, just let
me know when.

SCOOTER:

        I had the same biting problem with Taz and now I still have to
watch him around certain people, but for the most part it takes
consistancy and patience.  Also, if the thumping on the nose doesn't work
or a good scruff, shake and resounding NO!, then try rewarding everytime
that Scooter does good and confinement when Scooter does bad.  It takes a
while, but they eventually get the message.

Bye for Now

Marie, Oshi, TAZ-man, and Fenris the Brave