From:
Daisy Lyn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1993 13:53:00 -0500
-> box though. I hate the thought of company coming to stay the night and
 -> opening  the hide-a-bed and finding out it is now a hide-a-litterbox! How
 -> embarrassing!

TELL me about it! Since I got the new guy...he goes everywhere...wanna know
the most embarrasing moment for me? When my daughters friend came to spend
the night, her mom brought her...I don't notice the nice fresh deposit in
front of the door...::smoosh::  ARGH!!

It was easy to get the girls to use it...even the two who'd never had a
litter box with their previous owner....but this guy...and if he does...they
do.. I'm at my wits end now. Are all males harder to deal with? In the
ferret kingdom I mean. <G>

-> Hi all, how are your weasels' winter coats this year?    The Em has a
 -> glorious, magnificent, fluffy coat--and his head  is turning silver!
 -> (Usually he has a dark head--but just recently  it started turning; last
 -> to change was a triangular splotch in the  middle)

Ooooh! Want a laugh?? This is my first winter with ferrets. One thing I
do...is I want them to be really super healthy ... and I really work to
get/keep them that way. Nonni and Bigfoot are looking GOOD! They have been
here since babyhood...but anyway....when they started growing these lush
coats...I thought it was because I was feeding them so well! LOL! Oh
well...<G>

The three that were owned by others though...they came to me a bit thin. I
keep giving them nutrical etc...really good food...I dunno...:/  I guess
they grew up thin...two of them were on cruddy food, though the guy was told
to use that kind by his vet....and as for no-name-yet...we don't know her
history, except that she'd been abandoned. :(

So I keep trying. :) Bigfoot the guy...I should name him Quasimoto..<g> <sp>
Anyway..he's getting bigger every day. He has decided that the four girls
are his harem. Turd. <G>

->   Is there any connection between the length of a ferret's winter  coat
 -> and the severity of the upcoming winter? do ferrets in cold  climates
 -> grow longer coats than ferrets in warm areas?

Oh, good question! I want a BLIZZARD! <g>

-> Shasta changed from having white "clown eyebrows' in summer to  having a
 -> full mask with stripe. Emmett always has a full mask with  stripe, but
 -> the white increases in winter. I think Shas was a  sable-sable, but I
 -> know Em's half sable and half silvermitt--would  that account for him
 -> getting so much white?    Kate Pappas & Emmett K. Pt-3 "Snow-on-the-Roof"

WoW! They sound gorgeous!!

->      My name is Steve Shieldes, I am a ferret owner and the president of
 ->  S.A.F.E. (San Antonio Area Ferret Enthusiasts) a friend gave me
 -> your internet address and told me about your Ferret news letter
 -> please put me on the list of subscribers.

Welcome Steve! :)  I am going to try and get a club here soon..:)

-> We litteraly have a small farm at our house ( 7 cats, 3 Ferrets and a
 -> Pot Bellie named Chopper La Hawg), the ferrets are the most gentle of
 -> our family and also the toughest, scooter likes to pick on the pig.

Join the club!! Hehehe!! I have 1 dog, 3 cats, 5 ferrets, 1 cockatiel, 2
aquariums...and a rabbit. <g>  Never had a pig though...but I hear they make
great pets! They sure are cute! :)

                Daisy Lin...
                ...and Bigfoot, Nonni, Foxy, Coco, and soon to be named...

PS: Will the father of two ferrets in a faraway land please write me?
Because I've been unable to make this service send any. Argh..maybe I have
the address wrong...