From:
Katherine Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1992 09:41:04 -0500
> Does anyone have a list of ferret shelters/breeders for NJ, NY or PA?
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>                                                       - Mike Declerck

I can't give you a list of same, but Path Valley Farms is in Willow Hill,
PA.  (For those unaware, Path Valley is one of the largest ferret
breeders in the country.)

> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: overweight ferret?
>
> I suspect that my 8-month old male ferret is overweight.  He looks pretty
> round to me, and a friend of mine who has ferrets all his life told me that
> he looks overweight.

For what it's worth, every one of our four oldest ferrets (yes, we have
a fifth now, but that's another story) went through a "fat" phase in
their first year.  They all slimmed down around the time they turned
a year old, except Pogo, who's 11 months old and we're expecting the
slim-down phase anytime now.

We've always fed them a combination of Science Diet Feline Growth,
Feline Maintenance, Kaytee Ferret Food, or Iams.

Hope this helps.

Katie