From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 1994 13:28:54 -0400
Geri wrote:

> One group who is against ferret ownership, to our dismay, is PETA - People
> For the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

Actually, so far as I've been able to discover, PETA is like the other
animal rights groups in being against animal ownership, PERIOD.  Don't
get me started on the subject of such groups, it's bad for my blood
pressure... ;)  I'll just say, I'd love to see a group that promoted
vegetable rights.  Think of those poor, defenseless vegetables -- no
claws or teeth to defend themselves, no legs to run away with, they're
just ripe (pun intended) for exploitation!

*sigh*
        - Leigh Ann