From:
Yael Dragwyla <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 1994 14:36:16 -0500
     Hello out there, fellow fuzzie-lovers!
     Having just become the proud possession of two house-weasels, a
male-female (fixed) pair about three years old, I needed names for them.  I
finally settled on Frank, as in Frank James, for the big male albino ferret,
and Jesse, as in you-guessed-it, for the smaller female sable one -- for the
obvious reason.  I am now thinking of renaming them Houdini and Thurston --
for the obvious reason.  Can anyone out there tell me:  will this improve
matters, or otherwise?
     I also think I've found out something about a ferret's rather
interesting sense of humor.  Yesterday morning, when I got up, I found that
_somebody_ had taken _one_ of my pair of zoris, which are my only
house-slippers, and (as I found after a long search) pulled it clear up under
my futon-frame, where it was completely concealed by futon and covers, so
that I had to pull up the whole end of the bed to get at it and retrieve it.
Okay.  This morning, I woke up, and again one of my zoris was not where I had
left it last night.  I found it -- you guessed it -- in about the same place
under the futon I had yesterday when I went looking for it.
     There is also the toilet-bowl brush that hangs -- sometimes! -- by a
nail low on the wall next to the toilet in the bathroom.  That it doesn't
stay there _all_ the time is due to the efforts of Frank, who seems to
determined to get that thing _off_ that nail and _keep_ it off ... especially
right after I've put it back _on_ again.
     Clearly they do have a sense of humor.  Can anyone tell me more about
it, and what I'll have to deal with, maybe, as a result of it?
     Actually, in just 5 days they've made me laugh so many times, so hard,
that I feel better now than I have in several years, so none of the above is
a minus.  On the contrary.  But I'd love to hear more about weasel behavior
and psychology.  Anybody got any stories?
     Thanks, Yael Dragwyla