From:
Jeffrey C Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 1994 08:49:15 -0500
> Hi all,

Hello Chris!

> I'm looking for litter that doesn't smell so bad.  I think
> I've used just about every kind I've ever found, and they
> all seem to have wierd chemical smells to them that bother
> me.  My ferrets and I share my bedroom, and with 3 litter
> boxes, it would be much appreciated to have a semi-fresh
> smelling room.

We use Bed-O'-Cobs, which is shredded corn cob, in either 1/4 or
1/8 inch grain.  It's very absorbent, and has no added chemicals.
It also means we have to scoop up more often, and also clean
the litter pan out a tad more often, but I think it's worth it.
We buy it in the 40 pound bag for about $15, and I think most
pet stores carry it (shop around tho, because we've seen prices
on the 20 pound bag as high as $20 or so, so prices do vary).

--
Jeff Jones                      [log in to unmask]             Go Mojos!
eon corporation, formerly TV Answer, Inc.               (703) 715-8958