From:
AMY ME CADA <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 1994 11:15:16 -0500
To Mike Janke
When I added a 6 month old female as a companion to my 8 month old male (both
neutered/spayed) they hissed and fought like crazy for 3 days.  However, not
once did they draw blood and somehow they seemed to put their battle on hold
because they would sleep fairly close together at night!  I now have three
(2 males and a female) and they still play VERY rough.  They drag each other
around by the skin of their necks and if someone gets a bit rough, the recipient
lets out a yelp to let them know it!!!  I have never seen ferrets fight so as
I would be worried except for in the case that someone put two UNneutered males
together in the breeding season.  I hope I read right that yours were neutered?

Victoria--
I have decided to keep ferrets in threes because the last two times that I have
had ferrets they were in pairs and when the inevitable one would die (both
 timesin the case of old age) the surviving animal would go through a period of
depression of some sort--little if any play, little food, etc.  My advice is
to find another rug rat for your surviving animal

amy