From:
Michael P Urban <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 1994 14:53:40 -0500
Your message dated: Sat, 12 Mar 1994 08:36:14 PST
> I suggest sending anonymous email (through [log in to unmask]) if you own
> ferrets in California right now.  If you don't own ferrets, be sure to
> send Pete email to tell him that ferrets are far safer for children
> than dogs or cats, and that you'll vote against him if he vetoes the
> ferret legalization bill.

I am ashamed to say that I cannot remember for sure (in other words,
double check with your favorite _reliable_ source of information), but I
believe that in California, a bill can pass into law without Wilson's
signature; in other words, if he does not actively veto the bill within
some period of time (30 days??), it will become law.  This allows a
Governor to let a law go into effect without appearing to endorse it.
Wilson may have decided not to sign the bill, but that does not
necessarily mean that he intends to veto it.  Mail or email to the
Governor's office might do well to mention and encourage this option.