From:
Gerry Roston <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 1994 10:16:14 -0500
Ten days ago, we brought home our first ferret. She came from a Tracy
McAllister, Bridgeville, PA, who does very small scale breeding. She is
6 months old and had been spaed (sp?) a week before we got her. After
observing her on our wooden floors for several days, we named her
Skitter.

Yesterday, we visitied Michelle and the Masketeers to get a companion
for Skitter. We came home with an 8 week old male who has yet to be named.
(He is currently called fuzzball.)  Anyway, in the travel cage, there
was a case of ear biting (Don't worry Michelle - no permanent damage) due
to, I think, territirial rights with respect to a favorite toy. Anyway,
last night, they were curled up together. The little one keeps making a
lot of noise - kind of scares me, but I've never been around a young
anything and Lorraine says it's normal.

Question:

In the Ferret World catalog, they show a nice harness, but they want
something like $18 for it. Does anyone know of a less expensive source
for harnesses of this type and quality?

Also, to anyone looking for a ferret cage:

Try SafeGuard cages in PA. They have a 2 story condo for about $60 that
is really nice. It is very well made compared to a lot of the more
expensive junk I've seen in the pet stores.

--
Gerry Roston ([log in to unmask])    | Question with boldness even the existance
Field Robotics Center,          | of God; because if there be one, He must

The opinions expressed are mine |
and do not reflect the official |
position of CMU, FRC, RedZone,  |
or any other organization.      |