Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 1994 07:40:17 -0500
    I thought Fezzik might have had a partial blockage, since his stool seemed
rather thin and he wasn't eating a whole lot...  but now his stool looks normal
again.  He's been playing normally, and drinking all along (and I hear him
crunching on some food right now).  I plan on watching him closely for awhile,
but do I need to do more than that?  I'd prefer not to take him to a vet before
Monday, unless necessary, because of the way Emergency Service works around
here -- all the vets in town take turns staffing an Emergency Center.  It means
there's always a vet on call, but most vets in the area don't regularly treat
ferrets, so the chances that the vet on call today does are pretty slim.  (And
I'd feel better about a diagnosis from my vet, who I know sees ferrets, than
from a vet who might not have seen once since vet school...)
    He seems perfectly fine now, anyway -- do I need to be overly concerned, or
is it likely he was just a little under the weather and is now back to normal?

- Rochelle