From:
"B. Norton" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 1994 10:30:59 -0500
>Hi all.  It's been a while since I've written.  Nash has been doing really
>well up until a few weeks ago.  He caught a cold and is having a really hard
>time getting over it, it seems.

>I have to ask a really touchy question.  It may be painful, but I'd really
>like some feedback.

>Do you bury your ferrets or do you do something else?  What about a pet
>cemetary?  Someone mentioned freeze-drying, but I think that must be some kind
>of morbid joke.  I really would like some serious feedback asap.  Tell me what
>your experiences have been.

>Thanks,

>Jennifer, Brett, and Nash

        I'm sorry to hear Nash is dieing.  I'm sure things are going to be a
real strain on your nerves in the future and I hope Nash goes peacefully.
I'm not trying to be sick here but a friend of mine had his ferret stuffed and
now sits on a shelf.  I myself could never handle that, it would remind of
his death every time I saw it.  I've never had a ferret die on me.  But I
have buried four for the shelter I help out.  I can't answer your question
but I wish you luck in your search for an answer.  You should do what ever
makes you comfortable and not what some one thinks will help.  Death is
something I'm not very good at dealing with.  But I believe when my guys
die "many years from now I hope"  I will have them creamated(sp) and sprinkle
thier ashes some where special.  Park, Ocean,  Maybe even  thier favorite
potted plant, I wont know till it happens.

        Good luck and give Nash a ferret kiss for me.

        Brad, Sebastian and Mako.