From:
Who What <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 1994 01:17:03 -0500
ATTENTION ALL CALIFORNIA FERRET FANCIERS:
     Notice issued on behalf of California Domestic Ferret Association and
Ferrets Anonymous, Pleasanton Chapter...
     Ferrets ARE NOT legal in California. Rumors and false reports have been
spreading like wildfire that they have become legal.

FERRETS ARE STILL NOT LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA!
     AB2497, the bill to legalize ferrets, has only passed Commitee and still
has many steps to go before legalization.
     PLEASE, PASS THE WORD. Some vets, stores, etc. seem to think they are
legal as well and are misinforming clients and customers.
     It all seems to stem from either a poorly investiagted radio or TV news
item.....we (CDFA & FA) are still looking for the source. If you know who
started this, PLEASE, let us know. A FA reprsentative has been calling local
radio stations to set them straight, as well as some TV stations.

MH7
     "While officially only a member, I have been working closely with both
pro-ferret groups and feel that I can speak on their behalf in this forum for
lack of any other reprsentation. My opinions are my own unless noted as
re-hashes of official CDFA or FA news items. The leader of FA (who works
closely with Bill Phillips at CDFA) has, through a mutual friend, given me
permission to post this warning. Complaints can be sent to me via
[log in to unmask]"n