From:
Inez Gowsell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 1994 11:15:00 -0500
Chris:

I have no problem with receiving more frequent daily digests and by the
sounds of what some people say, their systems can't handle large mail items
so it might be a good idea to send several smaller messages.  Besides, I
love getting mail and would love to have a "full" mailbox.  :-)

Re: snoring and unusual sleeping places.  I don't think Cocoa ever
snored, but I know my parents Great Dane did - and loud!  :-)

Several people have mentioned unusual sleeping places for their furries.
When my parents still lived in the city, if we couldn't find Cocoa, we
would check in their bedroom.  First the bottom drawer of the big
dresser, then the drawer with all the soft scarves, etc.  At one point,
we couldn't find her in any of the usual places, so I decided to check
the drawer full of hard plastic bottles and other uncomfortable stuff.
Sure enough, there she was, annoyed at being disturbed!  :-)

When I was reading James and Fox Morton's book, they made a comment in
there about finding a lost ferret.  First write down the ten places the
animal couldn't possibly get into.  Then check those places.  One story
they related was of somebody's little one getting into the freezer side
of a side-by-side fridge!  Thankfully, the owner followed the "impossible
places" suggestion and found the critter before it was too late.

The strangest sleeping place Cocoa had - and I always wondered why she
would sleep there - was in a big bag full of plastic bags.  Whenever I go
grocery shopping, the stores always put groceries in plastic bags.  I
saved them and used them for the kitchen and bathroom garbage cans,
instead of buying small garbage bags.   I would stuff all the bags into
one and generally leave it lying on the floor in some corner of my room.
One day I went to pick it up to put it somewhere else and it was heavy!
I felt the bottom of the bag, and it was warm and moved!  :-)  She never
suffocated - as I was always afraid she might - and she seemed to enjoy
sleeping there almost as much as sleeping on my bed.

Inez

Inez Gowsell, B.A.
Technical Writer
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada