From:
mike janke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1993 03:48:28 -0500
 > It seems that when > Gambit urinates he places his stomach on the
 > ground and urinates on himself.

We had this problem with Sid (may he rest in peace) when he got older.  Of
 course it didn't happen in the litter box, but when he used the spots that had
 newspaper, which does not absorb very fast, we always had to grab a paper towel
 and dry him off afterwards.

Of course, he was a fat boy too, so his belly might have hung down more than
 most :-)

We have two other males now, one 2 years and another 3, and they don't seem to
 have this problem even though the 2 year old (Max) is as plump as Sid was.

One thing that Max and Sid have in common is they both liked to turn around and
 lick the urine (yuck).  I think if we let him, he'd clean it up completely.

Does anyone know why they do this?