From:
Brian Millham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1993 13:15:58 -0500
>From Issue 631:
> FROM: Colleen Wei
> Yeah! Isn't it amazing how they seem to just KNOW when
> you're about to take a nap or open a box of stuff you
> don't want them getting into or just settling down to
> concentrate on something.. and lo & behold they appear,
> eyes wide, legs stretched high, nose butting at
> you...Personally I think they simply must have ESP.
> You know several times I've actually had this
> experience: One day I suddenly realize they haven't
> done something naughty in a while that they used to do
> on a daily basis (climb a certain chair to topple
> what's on the table, or dig at a certain plant, or
> well, you know). I simply have the thought.  And the
> very next time they're up, they go do that very thing!
> The first time that happened I laughed at the
> coincidence. The second time, I must have looked like
> how a dog looks when he's baffled - stock still, head
> tilted to one side...  The next time, I just shrugged
> and made up my mind not to think anymore!...

I just had an experience the other day along these lines.  I race radio
controlled cars (which Kitty loves to chase, ever since he grabbed the
tire of a car that I was testing, and I didn't stop, so the car ran
him over.  Ever since then, he attacks the cars.  The sound of one
running is enough to wake him from a deep sleep.  It's funny to watch
him dragging a 4 pound car across the floor.)

Anyways, I was charging batteries for the car.  The batteries and the
charger were on the floor.  I don't worry about it, because I've been
doing this ever since I've had Kitty and Ferrah, and they don't show
any interest in it.  Well, that day I had a sudden thought, I've
never seen Bandit (my new adopted ferret) steal anything.  Kitty
and Ferrah have an incredible stash under my bed and dresser, but
Bandit hasn't shown any interest in stealing.  Wrong thing to think.
About 5 minutes later, I heard a noise over by the battery charger, and
there was Bandit, dragging a battery pack, and the attached charger,
and the power supply attached to the charger across the floor!  I
guess that he just wanted to get charged up :-)

Brian, Kitty, Ferrah, Bandit, Fletch, and Buddy.