Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 1993 13:17:00 -0400
Tyler-

RE: Loose Ferrets in a Moving Vehicle... NOT!

  Please obtain a carrier of some sort.  We have two intermediate sized ones
plus one of the "under-the-seat" types.  Amy has rigged up a plastic jug to
use in one end as a litter box, leaving appr. 2/3 for ferret.  And if you're
traveling with just one, that should be fine.  (Don't ask me how she did it,
she's a genius when it comes to that kind of thing ;^} ).

  Amy's comments:  Leaving a ferret loose in the car can cause a) damage to
the ferret in case of an accident (or a lost ferret, if thrown from the car
or escapes in the aftermath...), and/or b) an accident by running under your
foot while trying to brake for the idiot in front of you, or trying to play
while you're trying to avoid an obstacle, etc., which could lead to a).

Rochelle--
 RE: Ferret Behavior...

  Sounds to me like a dominance is being established.  Our Coconut, who is
the smallest of the five, but a very indomitable (?) female, does the same
thing to the others.  She was also very aggressive and jumpy when we first
got her, but now she has been voted Most Imperious and Most Loving by all
the others ;^).  Try switching bedding back and forth for a couple of days...

  I'm sure they will work it all out.  And congratulations on your new "kid".

Pete & Amy              |  Ferret Liberation Army
 [log in to unmask]  |  Merlynn, Morgan, Arthur, Ashke, Coconut