Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The Ferret Mailing List (FML)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 1994 10:13:12 -0500
I'm still waiting on taking Fezzik to the vet -- he has seemed fine for 48
hours, and when I called the vet, they didn't seem to think it necessary for
Fezzik to be brought in...   but I'm still hesitant.  On Friday, when I got
home from work, his stool seemed very thin, and I was worried about a partial
blockage... but going to emergency services around here basically means going
to a vet who knows virtually nothing about ferrets, so I decided to wait until
I could see my vet today (unless Fez got any worse, in which case I'd have
brought him in immediately).  But by Saturday he seemed fine, and he's seemed
fine since.  At no time was he lethargic (although he's a little intimidated by
the new puppy -- we haven't introduced them yet, but they've seen each other
through the cages and from opposite sides of gates), and although he didn't eat
much for a day or so, he seems to be eating normally now...  He hasn't been
vomiting, or coughing, or anything unusual -- except for the thin stool for a
while.  The vet didn't seem to think he needed to come in, but said I could
make an appointment if I wanted to (in other words, if I decide to come in,
there's no guarantee I'd get in today, a sure sign that the vet doesn't think
the problem is that serious!)....  I don't know -- should I bring him in
anyway?  If his stool hadn't been so normal for the past 48 hours, there'd be
no question in my mind...  (and I probably would have already brought him in),
but part of me says that if it were anything serious, he wouldn't look normal
now....

-rochelle (who's feeling very unsure right now!)