From:
Inez Gowsell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 1994 12:59:10 -0400
I was in a pet and pet food store yesterday and casually asked if they ever
have ferrets for sale in the store.  The worker said no, but if people
wanted a ferret, they ordered them from Montreal (Quebec - on the east
side of Ontario).

He also said that by ordering this way, they would be able to get
whatever the customer wanted in terms of a ferret - meaning whole or
altered as the customer wished.  Now, i didn't ask further, but I *hope*
that if the ferrets requested are to be fixed and descented that they are
old enough for it (ie, older than the six weeks I keep hearing about).

I was impressed with this store's policy on ferrets - definitely cuts
down on impulse buying by uninformed customers.  Unfortunately, I wasn't
impressed with this store for displaying kittens in a small cage (and
bunnies at Easter time).

Oh well, perhaps they will "custom" order other pets in the future
instead of keeping them in small cages.

Inez