Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1993 13:20:23 -0500
Re:   Subject: Human Allergies to Ferrets???

My fiance' has allergy-induced asthma, especially to cats, although also
slightly to other animals.  He says that while ferrets are nowhere near
as bad as cats, they are definately worse than dogs or other animals.  We
currently have 2 ferrets, and he is ok with them (as long as he has his
drugs!), even though we know he'd never be able to live in a house with a
cat.  But, I think the ferrets are worse than even a large dog would be.
This is only from personal experience, of course, and may be different
for other people.  I hope this helps;  feel free to email us if we can be
of any further help in deciding whether to get a ferret!

-Rochelle (and Dave, fiance', Shadow & Fezzik (ferrets) and Sicard
(Iguana)).