From:
Georgette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1993 12:18:25 -0400
Hi everyone out there!! I sure hope this makes it through to everyone! I had
such a difficult time trying to get onto this list due to the fact that I'm a
bit of a novice at this e-mail thing! Can someone post me privately to let me
know if this gets thru?? Thanks!

Since this is my first attempt at posting on this list and I want to be certain
that my messages are getting out there, I'll make this reasonably brief. I have
two boys, seven and eight months old, name Nik and Gushi. I had been intrigued
by ferrets for the last couple years and decided to get one when my roommate's
allergies to cats wouldn't let me get one. Of course, after getting one, I just
*had* to get another to keep the first one company!! They have proved to be
quite the entertaining, hyper little slinkies I have ever encountered and I
love them dearly (despite all the mischief they get into!)!! Right now I'm in
process of making a new and bigger cage for them so that they won't get bored
during the day when I'm at work. I wish I could let them have run of the house
but there is just too much good stuff for them to wreak havoc with!!

Nik is mostly dark brown with white feet and muzzle and Gushi is mostly white
with dark grey markings on his tail and flanks. Both of them go bonkers for
anything that smells disgusting (in my opinion!), especially my roommate's
socks/sneakers when he comes back from rollerblading/jogging!! Is this the norm
 or do my critters have a warped sense of fun??!

Well, this turned out longer than I had planned! OOPS!! I look forward to
hearing from everyone! Have a good week!