Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The Ferret Mailing List (FML)" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Janice Underwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 1994 00:38:52 -0500
1. When I change my critturs food, I do it the same way that you do for a
dog or cat. I mix in a little of the new food with the old, putting
proportionately more new type in each day. 1st day 3/4 old 1/4 new, 2nd
day half and half etc. If they don't want to eat the new food, I make
ferret soup. I use warm water, some dry food, a small amount of Metamucil,
and either part of a crumbled dog vitamin or some Linatone Plus. I mix it
all up and let it cool a bit, then let them dig in. My ferrets love the
liquid part, and just keep going and eat the new food that I mixed in it.
        BTW, the reason for the Metamucil started with my first ferret. He
developed a severe infection of the anal glands, and I ultimately chose to
have him descented. He ended up with some nasty complications, and the
metamucil was suggested to help add some bulk to his stools. However, all
the ferrets like the soup, so it just got to be a tradition.
        Also, my ferrets were raised on Iams maintenance, not the kitten
food. Aside from the adrenal problem for V'orri, all that have passed
through my doors have been sassy, healthy, and had GORGEOUS coats. I even
had someone attack me once because she thought the collar of my jeans
jacket was a mink. She got a big surprise when the "mink" opened its
eyes and yawned at her. She very hastily apologized for calling me a
murderer of cute furry animals. I have also had numerous "offers" to
make a muff out of Frieda [silver].
2. Items stolen : wallet, hammer, 16 cassette case, any tool with
rubberized handles, soap, shirts socks. The prize was watching Helix drag
the big cassette case [3 times his size] across the room. I used to have
to wait until he moved his hoard to retrieve things.

Sorry I ramble so much. My SO doesn't really like the ferrets, just
tolerates them, and they're my favorite topic of conversation.

BTW, if anyone wants an application for a NYS ferret license, send me
your snail mail address, and I'll send one to you. I picked up a bunch
while I was in the EnCon office today-that way you won't have to wait
extra days to mail your request to them and then get it back.

 Janice
   and the zoo
        Frieda & V'orri the rug rats AKA carpet sharks
                 Silk the greyhound; Lexi the conure + 4 slithers