Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The Ferret Mailing List (FML)" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Gary Connors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 1994 10:08:58 -0500
Hi,

Excuse me if this has already been discussed but last night I went to the pet
shop for some IAMS kitten food for my ferret Woody and the saleswoman told me
that they recently found that IAMS causes respiratory problems with ferrets.
They are now recommending either ferret food or Science Diet kitten food.  My
Woody likes the IAMS best because the smaller pellets, like Science Diet, get
caught in the roof of his mouth.  He didn't eat the Furo-Ferret (in the
 canister)
very well either.  Since he likes the IAMS the best I bought a smaller package
of it, along with some Science Diet to mix in and gradually ween him off the
 IAMS.
I asked if they'd be getting Totally Ferret soon and they said their first
 shipment
was on order.   Has anybody else heard of any problems with IAMS?

On another note, even though ferrets are legal now in NH people who have them
 are
still getting hassaled.   There was an article recently in the New Hampshire
 Sunday
News (3/6) about a family that runs a day care center and they have a pet
 ferret, caged.
Evan though the ferret is caged the Dept of Health and Welfare tried to force
 them
to get rid of the ferret.  Relatives had taken the ferret while they fought it
 out.
The court found in favor of the family because of a technicality in the way the
 law
was written but the NH Dept of Health and Welfare has vowed to rewrite the law
 and
come back for the ferret.  There is mention of another similiar situation
 involving
a family with two ferrets.  The public information officer for the NHDHW is
 Stephen
Tomajczyk.  He is citing ferrets as dangerous animals.  I intend to write this
 person
if I can get an address.  I hope others will also.

Bye for now,
Gary

Gary D. Connors                                     Hewlett Packard; IT/NOS
(603) 772-1500 x3142 Telnet 772-3142                100 Domain Drive
Email: [log in to unmask]                            Exeter, NH  03833
DPSS postmaster: [log in to unmask]
POP postmaster:  [log in to unmask]