From:
Lorene Turner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 1994 19:27:47 EST
After reading the mailing list and all the literature I could find, then
tempering all that reading with what I have heard of the real life behavior
of ferrets, I have a little carpet shark of my own.  I adopted her from
the Ferret Shelter in Ottawa.  Her name is Mocha (Inez, I have to say
that you inspired me to give her this name), and she is a beautiful
chocolate-tipped white color.  She is an older ferret, about 4 years old,
and so I was warned that she might not live much longer, but I love
her already.  She was used by ferret breeders to produce as many babies
as possible, then somehow got to the shelter.  Most people want baby ferrets,
but my heart went out to this one.  I want to give her a good life, to make
up for mistreatment at the hands of breeders.

Anyway, she loves to give kisses, and is curious but not hyper... a quality
that makes my iguana ("Data") happy. Pegge Clarke (who runs the Ottawa
ferret shelter) had brought over a very young ferret, but she was too
hyper and tended to scare Data.  Now Data just watches this strange
furry addition to the home roam around.  Never the twain shall meet,
which is best for the both of them. :)

(BTW, in the second sentence of the above paragraph, "she was too hyper"
is in reference to the female ferret, and not Pegge, who gets along
spendidly with Data. :)

Looking forward to the new experiences,

Lorene
& Data the wonder iguana