Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The Ferret Mailing List (FML)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 1994 16:27:49 -0500
This is just a request - PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN ASSIGNING QUOTES TO PEOPLE!!!!

For instance, in #742 S. B. wrote:  "The sweet oil that Pam Greene wrote
about..."  and again in today's issue there was an incomplete reference to that
passage that made it sound as if it was written by Pam.  Well, I don't mean to
be rude, but if you'll go back to the original issue, you'll see that sweet oil
was something *I* mentioned, in regard to Pam's FAQ posting.  Now, its not that
I care about getting credit;  its just that it would be completely *unfair* to
flame Pam for what she had no control over (i.e., my posting).  If you're going
to attribute a quote, attribute it correctly.  And if you can't be bothered to
check out who wrote it, just respond to it without mentioning any names
whatsoever.

-Rochelle