From:
Chris Haas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 1994 19:46:37 -0500
Hi all,

Two of my three ferrets have come down with a nasty cold.
I am hoping its not pneumonia!  I talked to the a lady
I know in Milwaukee who runs the ferret shelter there and
she recommended that I do the following:

1. substitute pedialyte (sp?) for their water
2. of course, watch all food and water intake, etc.
3. rub Vix vapor rub on their necks and blankets
4. give them a very small dose of the most infantile cough syrup
   available
5. of course, keep the warm, etc.

Any other suggestions?  I wanted to make up some "Duck Soup"
as well,  but I have lost the recipe.  Could someone please
send it to me?  ([log in to unmask])

Nina, who I am the most concerned about because she is 5.5 years
old, sounds really bad.  I am wondering if I should take her to the
vet to get her some Amoxycillin to fight off any possible secondary
infections.  Opinions?

Thanks much.

Chris.