Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1993 11:47:33 -0400
Hi all,  I'm back from vacation, so I'm catching up a bit here.

Re: Fleas
        The best way to get rid of fleas is to move to Colorado :-)
Seriously, for some reason (I've never heard an explination, except
something to do with altitude) we don't have fleas here, at all.

Re: Squeakey toys
        I've noticed a similar reaction in both Kitty (male) and Ferrah
(female).  I haven't bought one in a while, so I don't remember if it
was a reed style or not, but both Kitty and Ferrah will come running, and
they will bite.  My guess was that it sounded like a ferret distress call.

Kitty and The Hose:
        Yesterday, I had Kitty out in the backyard for a stroll.  He was
having fun, playing in the grass, meeting the dog next door (very supervised
meeting), climbing trees (yep! he climbed the apple tree!), following grass
tunnels (from the lawn mower wheel, of course where were little piles of
cut grass to play in and tunnel under), when he discovered.....  The Hose!

        Now, a little background.  I have one of those sprinklers where it
walks along, following the hose.  Keeping that in mind..

        Kitty found The Hose.  He sniffed it, and then straddled it, right
legs on one side, left legs on the other side.  He then started to follow
the path of The Hose, just like the sprinkler does!  It was so cute!

--
Brian, Kitty, Ferrah, Fletch, and Buddy